Event Safety Manager
Event Safety Manager
★ HornerSalus Ltd has a new position available for an Event Safety Manager to join our leading event safety organisation in Central London.
The role requires an individual with strong client experience and a steady hand who can help to manage our clients, who can assist in running the day to day company requirements, coordinate and nurture a hard working team as well as look after their own project work as a fee earner.
HornerSalus is a specialist event safety consultancy who provide advice and services to the event / design / fashion / hospitality / film & creative industries.
Based in Holborn you’ll be in a friendly working environment where you will carry out event safety advisory duties such as:
- Assisting in composing and implementing solutions to H&S challenges for proposed events and in the workplace
- Conducting feasibility reports, capacity studies, H&S audits, on-site inspections and general reporting
- Liaison with contractors, suppliers and venues to ensure management and implementation of safety procedures
- Production of event safety plans, risk assessments, emergency planning and fire risk assessments
- Assisting clients with ISO implementation (9001/14001/45001/).
- Working at live events
- Initial 3 month probation period leading to a full time permanent position
- A competitive salary for the right candidate; £40-£50k dependant on experience
- 22 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Opportunities for career advancement and further training
This role requires:
- A conscientious and rule-bound individual with a strong sense of diplomacy
- An excellent head for organisation and problem solving
- Very good written and spoken English language
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Mac computer and software knowledge advantageous
- Nebosh General Certificate or higher
- Level 5 or 6 qualification in Health, Safety or Fire; (or working towards this)
We would consider an experienced events industry project manager / professional with a view to fast tracking the necessary qualifications required for this role.
Desired skills & experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- General knowledge of live events, venues and contractors
- Excellent understanding of risk assessments, emergency plans, event safety plans, fire risk assessments and method statements
- Very good communicator with strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- IT literacy and ability to present clearly and confidently to management
- Confident team player with a creative and innovative approach
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise effectively
- Ability to treat high level information with the strictest of confidence at all times
Candidates invited to interview can expect to answer competency, technical and scenario based questions to demonstrate ability, likability, and drive.
We can only accept Candidates that have Legal Status to work in the UK.
If the prospect of this unique role has your name all over it then apply now!