Health & Safety Coordinator
A hands-on H&S Coordinator to join a specialist service provider, based in Westbury (Wiltshire).
Your new company
My client are a specialist provider of electrical, mechanical, plumbing and fire security services. The company have been established for more than 30 years and enjoy an excellent reputation in the local area. The business are proud to provide services to a growing list of prestigious regional and national clients, working on a variety of projects that continue to reflect their specialist technical expertise.
Your new role
As Health and Safety Coordinator, you will report to 2 Contract Managers (Electrical and Plumbing/Heating).
Main duties in the role include:
- Helping to develop and implement the companies' Health & Safety related policies and procedures
- Reviewing policies and recommending changes
- Working closely with all parties to ensure full engagement with, and compliance to the companies' Health & Safety policies and procedures. This will include communicating, training and offering ongoing support to staff
- Identifying safety issues, proposing corrective actions and following them through to completion
- Assisting with the preparation of company risk assessments
- Reviewing and approving sub-contractor risk assessments, helping to resolve any issues identified
- Preparing COSHH assessments
- Carrying out and record keeping of: Scaffold and ladder inspections, Van and equipment audits, Site inspections, Various other Health & Safety related checks
This is a mobile role so a Full UK Driving Licence is required.
What you'll need to succeed
You must hold a NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate, with experience in a similar role or be looking to develop a career in Health and Safety.
This position will suit a hand's on, articulate person who wants a more practical role that will be both office and site based, with regular visits to client locations in the local area.
What you'll get in return
This is a great opportunity for an aspiring Health and Safety professional to join an established business. The company will offer a supportive environment surrounded by talented people who will help you develop your knowledge.
You will receive a salary between £19,000-£25,000 (DOE), 25 day's holiday + BH's, pension and a pool car provided for business use only.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me today.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.