Health and Safety Trainer/Consultant
Health and Safety Trainer/Consultant … salary up to £42,000 + bonus
- Are you an experienced health and safety trainer, looking to expand your horizons?
- Are you currently an in-house or regional Health and Safety Trainer, Officer, Manager or Advisor looking for a new or different direction in your career?
- Are you a health and safety consultant looking to stretch yourself?
We are looking for a qualified and experienced health and safety trainer and practitioner to join our company. This role will see you working with our varied customer base, from schools to SMEs to world-renowned organisations.
The right candidate will be a confident and experienced health and safety trainer, with some experience of audits/inspections. You will be able to use your health and safety experience and knowledge in an advisory capacity and have the time to build rapport with our customers.
Established in 2000, Safetyboss is one of the leading independent providers of health and safety and training services. We have offices in Woodbridge and London but cover the whole of the United Kingdom.
The salary is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications. The employment package includes a number of other benefits, such a 33 days’ holiday (including Bank Holidays), pension contributions, an annual performance-based bonus scheme, travel expenses, supply of laptop and mobile phone for work-use.
You would receive ongoing support and mentoring from some of the UK’s top industry professionals to help develop your career. This role has great progression prospects with the opportunity to further technical skills, knowledge and qualifications.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Visiting client premises to deliver bespoke or accredited (IOSH/ NEBOSH/ CIEH) health and safety training courses
- Undertaking safety inspections, audits, risk assessments, safety policy reviews etc.
- Identifying opportunities to help organisations meet their legal responsibilities
We expect staff to be commercially-aware, so you will maintain and develop relationships with customers and prospects and actively pursue new business.
In addition to this full-time position we are also looking for part-time consultants.
Experience and personal attributes required
You will have a minimum of two years’ experience of delivering health and safety training and preferably a minimum of one year’s experience of undertaking inspections/audits. You require the ability to apply the requirements of UK health and safety legislation and regulations in a pragmatic and practical way using your knowledge and experience. If you have worked within a customer-focussed environment – that would be an added bonus. You will need to:
- Be able to provide solutions, not problems to customers, appreciating their expertise and be empathetic to their needs;
- Have the ability to work in collaboration with colleagues who have differing levels of experience and knowledge and to be willing to learn and constructively share experiences with them; and
- Have experience in presenting information to groups of people in a clear and concise way and have experience in ‘selling’ ideas and concepts to other people.
Education, qualification and skills
- A level 5 health and safety qualification is desirable (or nearing completion);
- As a minimum, you will need the NEBOSH Health and Safety General Certificate and be working towards a level 5 qualification;
- A recognised trainer qualification e.g. PTLLS;
- Other desirable qualifications: NEBOSH Fire Certificate, BOHS P405, Water Hygiene, IEMA, MHFA Instructor, lead auditor, behavioural safety;
- Evidence of possession of a valid full uk driving licence, access to a vehicle, and willingness to travel as required;
- A proven ability for good timekeeping and time-management;
- An excellent level of verbal and written communication as the role requires writing reports in plain English, to a high standard;
- The innate ability to be able to build rapport with people and sell our ideas and concepts and enlist our services in order to make their workplace safer;
- The ability to understand concepts and be able to relate them to different circumstances and explain them to others clearly and concisely;
- Resilience and flexibility;
- Happy to work as part of a team, but also on own initiative;
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation.
- NEBOSH Certificate and NEBOSH Diploma
The role will mostly require working at clients’ premises across the UK although many clients are based in Suffolk, Essex, London, Hertfordshire and the South East. This will require extensive travel on a frequent basis, so you will ideally live within an hour’s travel to London. You must hold a full UK driving licence. Flexibility in working hours is essential as this is not a 9-5 based role. There will also be regular occasions where you will need to stay in hotels expensed by the company due to travelling further afield around the UK.
If you believe you have what it takes to join our friendly team please apply with your CV and job specific cover letter, and if you have any further questions please contact 01394 389683
No agencies please