SHEQ Compliance Manager - Clinical Waste
Acre are proud to be partnering with Tradebe Healthcare in Scotland to identify their new HSEQ Compliance Manager. This is a crucial role for the business; a brand-new role after winning an exciting contract!
As the HSEQ Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Tradebe Healthcare Scotland site on all aspects of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality issues, ensuring that the site operates safely and effectively and is in line with current legislation and Tradebe policies and procedures; ensuring the ongoing effectiveness and suitability of these management systems.
You will ensure that the companies' contractual obligations are met whilst providing expert waste advisory services to new and existing customers.
In addition, you will be responsible for the following:
Work with the site to ensure that an effective and up to date hazard identification and risk assessment programme is in place.
- Liaise with authorities, regulatory and other bodies to ensure legal compliance, ensure compliance with other relevant H&S legislation as well as compliance with the sites Environmental Permit and relevant environmental legislation whilst regularly liaising with regulators.
- Assist in assessments of new enquiries/customers for SHEQ suitability and in management of change processes.
- Maintain and ensure ongoing compliance with any relevant emergency plans.
- Ensure effective control of contractors in matters pertaining to SHEQ performance.
- Ensure suitable risk assessments are in place and that risks are suitably minimised.
- Conduct accident, incident and complaint investigations, share knowledge with other sites and ensure corrective and preventive actions are completed appropriately.
- Oversee the Occupational Health Surveillance Programmes.
- Oversee and maintain the sites' Quality and SHE management systems; maintaining effective and efficient management systems and relevant accreditations with accrediting bodies;
- Control and oversee the sites' environmental monitoring programmes, site energy management programmes and compliance, ensuring targets are met.
- Monthly reporting on Environmental performance, Process Safety Performance Indicators and Quality performance.
- Host Duty of Care Visits with Customers and conduct Duty of Care audits of suppliers where required.
- Progress the investigation and resolution of customer complaints.
- Training and development - oversee and assist with SHEQ training and competency programmes.
- Work alongside customers to develop a waste segregation policy and build long term relationships.
- Liaise with the certifying body in audits, oversee and implement the sites' internal audit programme.
- Train internal employees and customers on Clinical waste legislation and best practice.
- Regular monitoring and auditing to ensure that existing waste legislation; policies and procedures are being adhered to. Advise on incoming legislative changes
- Perform presentations to customers - both demonstrating existing waste management support and promoting new waste advisory services available to new customers.
- Up to date knowledge of HSE Legislation, Guidance and Standards
- Experience of Quality, H&S or Environment Management Systems
- Technical experience & knowledge of healthcare waste
- Technical experience & knowledge of HTM 07 01
- Healthcare or Clinical Waste background relating to compliance
- Must hold a valid driving license.
If you are an existing Compliance professional looking for an exciting opportunity for an international leader in waste reclamation, please apply today!
Interviews are happening ASAP, so don't waste any time in applying.