Environmental Advisor (Part Time 18 Month FTC)
Acre have partnered up with a prestigious "magic circle" law firm based in Central London, who are looking to add an Environmental Advisor to their team on a part time basis for an 18-month fixed term contract. You will be reporting directly to the Environmental Manager, to work 3 days per week minimum. To be considered for this role you will need to have a proven track record of working within the professional services, property or facilities sector's, have qualifications and demonstrable experience with ISO14001 and ISO50001 management auditing systems.
To support the Environmental Manager in providing an effective environmental management service. This will include assisting with the delivery of the environmental policy and London's EEMS procedures, developing and maintaining partnerships with key stakeholders and coaching staff to enable and assist them in meeting their responsibilities in line with all relevant legislative guidance and best practice.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Assist with the London Environmental and Energy Management System by carrying out environmental inspections and internal audits as per agreed schedule;
- Collate London environmental statistics and produce monthly reports with agreed KPIs;
- Carry out internal environmental training for resident contractors in the facilities management department;
- Log tasks on the CAFM (computer aided facilities management system) as required, monitor progress and follow up for effective closure;
- Prepare communications about London office environmental performance and release information using internal communication tools;
- Minute environmental meetings as required;
- Cover the review of contractor environmental impacts for works onsite and advise on appropriate controls when the Environmental Manager is absent;
- Verify utility bills and invoices as required;
- Maintain document control and record keeping for ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 50001:2011 management systems.
- Driven interest in the sustainability and environmental issues;
- Systematic about record keeping;
- Demonstrable communication skills - through various media;
- Maintenance of technical and non-technical knowledge;
- Confidence to work unsupervised and under guidance of the Environmental; Manager as well as engage in open discussion of topics;
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative;
- Positive approach and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Demonstrable experience with environmental management systems;
- Internal environmental auditor qualification;
- Experience in presenting and delivery of training;
- Strong IT skills, especially experience with CAFM (computer aided facilities management), document control and record keeping software (e.g. SharePoint) and advanced Excel for data analysis and reporting;
- Able to manage concurrent activities and multiple projects efficiently and effectively;
- Able to communicate at all levels.
- IEMA membership;
- Knowledge of the facilities management;
- Experience in a corporate environment;
- Able to interpret environmental legislation in the context of the companies activities.
In this newly formed role, you will be a key member of an expert team of specialists.This is a great opportunity for somebody looking to work in a fast paced organisation on a part time basis. If you match up well to the above position, please apply now where you will be contacted to discuss the role in more detail.