Acre has been exclusively engaged on a retained basis by a leading Principal Contractor as they seek to find their next SHEQ Lead. This is a unique opportunity to head up SHEQ on a Rail Project towards the start of its journey, with the ability to grow a team and influence a positive safety culture through innovation and employee engagement.
Our client is a global multi-disciplined engineering and construction company specialising in Transport and Utilities. Within this position, you will utilise your dynamism and passion to drive positive safety change throughout the project, encouraging stakeholders to take personal ownership of delivery.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
- Engaging the businesses supply chain to maximise safety performance. Proactively look at areas to influence performance and best practice
- Driving a philosophy of safety ownership throughout all levels of the organisation
- Developing and implementing strategic aims to effectively deliver, promote and maintain a SHEQ culture into the project
- Managing the investigation of all major incidents and dangerous occurrences, plus creating action plans to alleviate such future issues
Whether you are used to operating at a senior and strategic level or looking to get your first 'Lead' position on a project, we would love to hear from you. If you are dynamic, innovative, people focused and have a great history of empowering individuals to take ownership of SHEQ, then this would be a great position for you.
Ideally, you'll have a background in rail, or other forms of linear infrastructure. Our client however is flexible, therefore if your career is from a high-risk industry including Nuclear, Petro-Chemicals or Oil and Gas, you experience would align well to the project's risk profile.
Your personal experience/specification:
- Strong leadership skills with credibility and gravitas to embrace a progressive approach to SHEQ
- A strategic thinker, who also likes to be out on site to drive all around SHEQ awareness
- An ability to proactively promote continuous development in line with business and market demands
- Someone who sees beyond perceived limitations and strives to achieve benefits by taking calculated risks
This is an excellent opportunity to join an energetic business on an exciting project for the North of England. If you have the skills and desire to grow a team whilst embracing a progressive approach to SHEQ, please apply today.