Process Safety Manager
Process Safety Manager
The objective for this role, is in 3 parts
- Provide Risk & Assurance support and advice on COMAH (Control of Major Accident Hazards) facilities.
- Lead on Process safety for Veolia in UK&I.
- Management of the Technical Support Team - This consists of 1x COMAH Advisor and in the longer term 2x QHS (Quality, Health and Safety) Advisors
What you’ll be doing
You will provide monthly reports to the P&C Sector Head, Regional Operations Director for Midlands and the Managing Director for Hazardous Waste business, and longer term the Chief Technology & Innovation Officer
QHS support for COMAH operations including:
- Independent assurance of COMAH compliance to Sector Head, RD Midlands and MD for Hazardous Waste
- Liaison with regulators in relation to COMAH compliance, driving consistency across intervention visits, upkeep and review of safety reports etc in conjunction with the COMAH Advisor and QHS advisors
Support upskilling of the advisors on COMAH/Process Safety
- Develop and maintain risk profile for operations and ensure improvement plans are in place for high-risk sites, including COMAH registered locations.
- Tracking process safety KPIs and reviewing their effectiveness
- Standardisation of Safety Rules within the business (COMAH/Process Safety)
- Act as Veolia’s custodian of British Standards and Technical Indices. Understanding changes that affect Veolia and communicating this effectively
- Understand and communicate changes to industry standards including British Standards and Asset Standards
- Support incident investigations where independent input / technical review is required
- Escalation of significant events within the area of responsibility
- Support due diligence assurance process from a process safety perspective
In the longer term, provide QHS support for Technical Direction on:
- Design and Construction
- Project Works (such as our innovation den)
- Commodities and energy
- Thermal plant outages and Resource Management
- QHS support for CHP (Community Heat and Power) operations
What you’ll bring to the role
You will be educated to Degree level in a relevant subject area (such as Engineering or Chemical)
You will need to hold a NEBOSH Certificate. Ideally, you will have already achieved or be working towards diploma level.
Process safety experience including COMAH
You will be able to Influence key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
You will need experience of a multi-site environment and have been previously working large projects and shutdowns that are synonymous with a business like Veolia
This is a national based role - Therefore you will need a Full UK Driving licence and have the ability to travel nationally (UK&I)
You will have experience of team management, and be able to motivate and lead by example
Ideally, you will have experience in a multi-site organisation from the chemical processing, waste, manufacturing or construction sector
Veolia recognises the positive value of inclusion and promotes equality. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, then we would like to hear from you.
Apply for Process Safety Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly