Environmental Health & Safety Manager
This highly successful and innovative manufacturing company is seeking a Environmental Health & Safety Manager to join their operation at their purpose build manufacturing site in the Wiltshire. The main purpose of the role is to ensure that this expansive site is fully compliant with all relevant current and future legislation and other requirements in the areas of Health & Safety and the Environment. Other responsibilities include:
* Support the development of the Health, Safety and Environment strategy for the site through the evaluation of statistical data, past findings and knowledge of corporate, industry and wider external developments. * Where appropriate co- ordinate and supervise the work of external regulators, auditors or third party consultants.
* Provide monthly reporting and analysis to the company Directors against the agreed compliance strategy for the site.
* Identify and assess business risks and recommend effective processes and controls to manage those risks to an acceptable level.
* Plan and undertake internal reviews or projects, in accordance with agreed working practices, appraising the relevant risks, processes and controls to identify opportunities for improvements to the effectiveness and efficiency of compliance systems on the site.
* Agree improvement action plans with responsible management and external regulators where required, reporting the outcomes to management. Monitor the delivery of agreed actions by process owners.
* Advise and support the Leadership Team in all health, safety and environmental matters (DSEAR) Devise and implement specific tools, processes and interventions (including risk management frameworks, audit methodologies and structures) appropriate to/for the business area(s) in question.
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, to raise awareness, influence process change, drive continuous improvement and the adoption of best practice, and external stakeholders to enable achievement of business objectives.
Ideally, you will com from a technical or manufacturing environment, coupled with a strong understanding of working in a similar process environment. You will also be qualified to NEBOSH diploma or equivalent and preferably have a good understanding of environmental issues. Company have a track record of investing in employees.