Acre is pleased to be partnered with a highly reputable multinational construction company to recruit a Senior Environmental Advisor for the team. This position will take the lead on the implementation of the environmental strategy for a major £300m+ infrastructure development in the North West. Joining a large and successful joint venture team, this person will be responsible for driving forward the environmental agenda and delivering excellent results.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the implementation of the business environmental strategy and helping to develop project commitments
- Providing guidance to the project in the delivery of the key objectives with regards to Environmental Management Plans
- Assisting project, clients and contractors with the resolution of any significant environmental problems
- Ensuring innovation and best practice is developed, implemented and encouraged with regards to environmental engineering
This position is suited to someone with significant environmental management experience of major construction / infrastructure projects. They will need the skills to work across a range of stakeholders, along with the ability to take the lead in regards to environmental delivery on the project.
Key requirements include:
- Degree qualified in environmental or a related discipline
- Experience implementing environmental management plans in line with ISO14001 for major construction / infrastructure projects
- Ability to communicate effectively to persuade and influence others in gaining agreement to and acceptance of ideas
- Positive approach to the challenges of change with the ability to elicit a receptive response in others
- Technically competent in a range of environmental processes and products, advising on suitability for application on site and proposing alternatives
Senior Environmental Advisor opportunities of this nature are rare in the North West. This represents a fantastic opportunity to engage with a major development project in the region. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity please do apply.