Environmental and Sustainability Officer
Environmental and Sustainability Officer (Fixed term 12 months)
Your new company
My client a North West based housing association are currently recruiting for a environmental and sustainability officer to work in their Liverpool office.
Your new role
- You will improve the environmental performance.
- Liaising with key staff, Senior Management, external stakeholders, contractors and partnership organisations.
- To ensure the environmental management systems (EMS) are implemented and monitored in compliance with legislation and best practice.
- Co-ordinate the implementation, monitoring and revision of environmental sustainability strategy.
- Develop and implement Environmental Sustainability Strategy incorporating carbon reduction, environmental quality, energy efficiency awareness and reducing fuel poverty.
- Be responsible for developing, delivering and monitoring the Environmental Sustainability Strategy's Action Plan.
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies and action plans that ensure compliance with environmental legislation and ISO14001 standards and best practice.
- Supporting Directors and Managers to assess environmental performance across Directorates, work areas and assist in the development of action plans for risk reduction, continual improvement and monitoring system
- Support the delivery of value for money services, providing cost-effective, efficient, quality services to meet existing and potential customers' needs.
What you'll need to succeed
- Applicants must have NEBOSH Environmental Certificate and relevant qualifications
- Good knowledge of ISO management systems
- An in depth understanding of the main Environmental Regulations, Including Environmental Protection, Waste and Hazardous Waste Management and Construction related
- Experience and understanding of securing and sustaining effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
What you'll get in return
- You will get a salary starting at £27,000 per annum with an increase to £30,000 after 6 months.
- You will also get flexible working hours and the opportunity to work for a great team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.