Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Advisor (Civils)
Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Advisor (Civil Engineering)
Warrington (with site travel) | £34,000 to £38,000 + Car + Benefits
Irwin & Stone has been engaged by a high profile civil engineer to recruit a Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Advisor (SHEQ). The role is focused on helping to ensure the safe delivery of a major, long term, utility contract. The organisation has an excellent track record across health and safety and this role is critical to this continued success.
This role is focused on providing accurate and effective health and safety advice to all staff and promoting a positive health and safety culture on site.
Responsibilities will include:
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures on site, ensuring compliance and keeping updated with key changes to legislation
- Engaging with staff and contractors on SHEQ performance on a day to day basis and support the delivery of objectives and targets
- Conducting audits, inspections, and accident investigations. Constantly seeking areas for improvement and development in health and safety performance
- Engaging with the client and other external stakeholders, acting as key point of contact
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within civil engineering or utilities
- A NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and ideally Tech IOSH status and experience with ISO standards
- Experience of streetworks, traffic management and new roads
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. A UK Driver's license is essential. Contact Michael Colton on or 020 7096 1622
Irwin & Stone are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.
Apply for Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Advisor (Civils)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly