Regional Health and Safety Advisor (Construction)
Irwin & Stone have been engaged by a large construction company to recruit a Regional Health and Safety Advisor. This is a newly created role to join their existing Health, Safety and Environment Team and will join a tight knit organisation which is currently undergoing a major growth phase. The company is currently engaged on major residential construction projects and has a solid pipeline of projects moving forward.
Responsibilities for the Regional Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Visiting site regularly, assessing safety and health performance and engaging with site managers to ensuring compliance, conducting training where required
- Accurately reporting on health and safety performance and communicating this across the organisation
- Assessing opportunities for improvements and sharing best practice across sites
- Conducting incident investigation to identify root cause and making recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within construction, civil engineering or a related industry, ideally with some lifting and scaffold inspection experience
- Experience in a multi-site environment with the ability to work independently and as part of a wider team
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and membership of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to engage with a range of individuals
Experience working in house building/high rise apartments and some training experience would be ideal.
This position as Regional Health and Safety Advisor will require a self-starter who can hit the ground running. The position will require the ability to travel regularly to site.
For further information or to discuss your career contact James Irwin on or 0207 0784 099. Ref 3030
Irwin & Stone are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.