Safety, Health and Environment Advisor
Energy Networks Association (ENA) is the industry body providing a strategic focus for the energy networks sector – electricity and gas transmission and distribution.
We are seeking a highly motivated person to join our small safety, heath and environment team (SHE) providing technical and administrative support for ENA’s member companies.
The near future is likely to bring great changes in the way that networks are developed and operated in a smarter environment in order to meet the challenges of a low carbon economy. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to play an active role in this exciting work.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities will be to:-
- Provide technical secretariat to the major SHE committees (SHE Committee, National HESAC and Powering Improvement Steering Group) and other committees and working groups as required;
- Work closely with member company SHE Managers to organise and facilitate the quarterly meetings of the SHE Managers Group and its associated outputs; work to include the production of the annual ENA SHE Review;
- Provide support to the organisation of the annual ENA SHE Management Conference;
- Work with Head of SHE to progress the industry’s H&S strategy Powering Improvement;
- Deputise for colleagues as necessary in coordinating and facilitating the SHE framework of committees;
- Work with ENA Communications Team to manage ENA’s suite of Public Safety Leaflets;
- Monitor ENA companies’ input to HSE’s database of public safety-related incidents (reported under the ESQC Regulations);
- Manage the ENA accident database and produce annual reports for the SHE Committee and Powering Improvement Steering Committee;
- Manage EMF customer calls database and produce quarterly updates for EMF Strategy Committee;
- Manage SHE enquiries from ENA member companies, the public and other stakeholders;
- Professionally represent ENA at external meetings in the UK and Europe and when dealing with representatives from outside organisations;
- Contribute to the overall work of the Operations Team and conduct any other duties as required by the Director of Operations;
Candidates must be able to identify and manage key issues concerning safety and operational requirements for distribution and transmission networks. Important aspects of the role will be to develop consensus amongst ENA’s Member Companies on specific operational issues and to represent ENA member companies in engaging with officials from government regulators, unions and other stakeholders in the sector. There may also be the opportunity to represent the sector at UK, European and potentially international events.
There may also be opportunities to undertake relevant training associated within the Safety, Health & Environment arena.
Apply for Safety, Health and Environment Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly