Acre is delighted to be partnered with one of the UK's best known civil engineering and construction firms to identify a self-motivated and enthusiastic Health, Safety & Environment Manager. Reporting directly into the Head of Health & Safety, the successful candidate will be fully responsible for leading on Health, Safety & Environment across a number of business-critical engineering sites across London, and managing a team of HSE Advisors. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a reputable business on a variety of interesting projects.
- To develop, maintain and promote the implementation of the HSE Management Systems including the Construction Phase H&S Plan and Construction Environmental Plan
- Assist with the developing and mentoring of HSE Advisors within the team
- Develop and deliver suitable HSE training programmes for all project personnel
- Conduct proactive project audits and inspections across all assigned sites, in line with company best practice
- Promote a positive safety culture through proactive monitoring and enforcement
- Interface and develop relationships with key industry/sector HSE forums participating in regular meetings
This position will suit individuals that have great communications skills, a collaborative working style and are commercially minded. Previous experience of working within the construction sector, ideally on large scale civil engineering or utilities projects, is a necessity.
- TechIOSH as a minimum, ideally GradIOSH or Chartered
- NEBOSH General Certificate / NVQ Level 6
- Environmental or Sustainability qualification and knowledge is desirable
- Excellent HSE legal knowledge and practical application
- Previous experience working within a Civils, RC Frame or Utilities environment
- Ability to inspire, influence, direct and manage personnel to achieve higher standards whilst supporting and developing a strong team culture
- Experience of developing long term strategies to achieve exemplar HSE performance
This is a fantastic opportunity for a results driven and experienced individual to join a world leading and renowned construction business, helping to drive health and safety performance across a number of exciting projects in London.