Consumer Safety Expert - Dietary Exposure/Metabolism
Acre has been engaged by a globally renowned and well respected agrichemical business, to recruit a Technical Expert for Consumer Safety. The successful candidate will be a key figure in ensuring the dietary safety for consumers following the use of our client's crop protection products.
Working as part of multi-disciplinary project teams you will understand the business ambitions, propose technical solutions and deliver agreed outputs. This will involve integrating data from metabolism studies with residue trials, resulting in dietary risk assessments which will be used in Europe and globally.
In particular you will:
- Provide in-depth expertise in dietary risk assessment, metabolism and residue data
- Identify, define and solve key scientific problems, particularly on the design, use and interpretation of dietary exposure data
- Represent the Consumer Safety group on regional and global project teams, working with colleagues from Environmental Safety, Toxicology, Metabolism, Regulatory Affairs and Project Management
- Devise and advocate techno-regulatory strategies to gain and defend product registrations
- Lead and participate in science projects and communicate the outcomes internally and externally
You will be qualified to a minimum of degree level in a relevant subject and will most likely have been working within a corporate, consultancy or regulatory body preferably in any of the Agrochemical/Consumer Goods/Pharmaceutical/Food Science/Toxicology/Nutrition fields.
In addition you will have:
- A proven track record of solving difficult and complex technical problems
- Experience of dietary risk assessment within the agrochemical/pesticide industry or in an industry where human exposure evaluations and risk assessment are required
- Knowledge of the EU pesticide guidelines relating to residue chemistry and an appreciation of similar guidelines in other parts of the world
- To be capable of making good technical judgements in a timely manor and prioritise work effectively
- The foresight to develop strategies aligned with team objectives and the wider ambitions of the business
Our client's role in addressing the critical challenges relating to sustainable agriculture is substantial, and as such the company is able to provide rewarding opportunities for employees. If you are a strong minded individual that has a strong academic background, coupled with a proven ability to flourish at business level then please apply today.
Apply for Consumer Safety Expert - Dietary Exposure/Metabolism
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly