Acre is partnering exclusively with Tarmac to identify an Environmental Advisor. The position will be based at the headquarters in Solihull, with a requirement to travel regionally, with occasional national responsibilities. The role will cover the Environmental Management System (EMS) for the materials division as well as supporting further environmental elements at Solihull.
- Support the HSE department to develop, implement and maintain the Tarmac EMS
- Support the further environment infrastructure, such as liaising with the permitting and compliance team
- Provide expert advice and support for the business unit in fulfilling their responsibilities towards the environment
- Undertake regular environmental audits and inspections to monitor compliance with environmental legislation and company procedures
- Develop and provide expert training on environmental issues and help set-up appropriate controls to significant environmental issues
The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills with a good understanding of the development and integration of an EMS into complex multi-site organisations.
- ISO 14001 systems and auditing experience
- Good understanding of continual improvement and environmental performance
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Previous experience in a similar role and industry is advantageous
This is an exciting opportunity strategically placed within the Tarmac structure, offering an opportunity to quickly advance in your career and with sight of a great diversity of environmental issues. If you have the skills and experience Tarmac is looking for, please apply.