Health and Safety Manager (M/F)
Business area: Operations – Fulfilment Centre
Operations is at the heart of Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good. The Ops teams in our Fulfilment Centres are responsible for controlling the vast range of fast paced inventory from inbound to outbound and work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it.
Role: Health & Safety Manager
Here at Amazon we are currently looking for an experienced Health & Safety Manager to join the team and play a critical role in managing the health and safety within the Amazon Fulfilment Centre (FC). The successful candidate will identify, coordinate and drive improvements in inbound safety, quality and productivity, working with the Operations Management teams to continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the Fulfilment Centre provides to our customers.
You will be managing aspects of output in your area: people management, metrics, productivity targets, and process improvements. The extent of your duties will include:
• Managing the health and safety function at the FC, including supervision of staff to ensure delivery of objectives.
• Proactively engaging in collaborative health and safety projects across all UK operations sites
• Providing authoritative advice and guidance on health & safety matters to all stakeholders within designated area of responsibility.
• Reviewing and auditing arrangements for health & safety management and continuously improving these arrangements where appropriate.
• Providing strategies to plan and organize work systems to reduce health & safety risks and recommending suitable adaptations to plant, machinery and processes.
• Ensure robust reporting regimes are in place for H&S statistics.
• Providing management information and statistics related to your area of responsibility.
• Supporting business change through effective change management processes within the fast paced FC environment.
• Driving behavioral culture change programm across a large, complex, multi shift operation.
• Implementation and review of company global safety policies ensuring that local legislative requirements are also met
Required qualifications & skills:
The successful candidate will:
• Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent with significant H&S Management experience, preferably gained in a warehouse environment
• Educated to degree level
• Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH) or equivalent
• Flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities and workload.
• Able to effectively lead and manage a team.
• Used to operating at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills – result orientated and tenacious.
• An in-depth understanding of essential/relevant EU & UK H&S legislation.
• The credibility and influencing skills and strategies to be able to build buy-in to change.
• Demonstrable record of driving significant change through an operation.
Preferred qualifications & skills:
Lean, 5S and Kaizen experience
Environmental qualification/experience an advantage
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organization offers also many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.