Road Transport Health and Safety Advisor
Acre has partnered with Tarmac on an exclusive basis to identify a Transport Health and Safety Advisor. The job holder will play a key part in developing and embedding strategy and covering all operational sites across the UK. The successful candidate will be a catalyst for continuously improving the transport safety culture; requiring strong stakeholder engagement skills across all levels.
- Sharing best practice with the wider CRH/Tarmac business so that it can be adapted and implemented, where appropriate
- Lead the development of Tarmac Transport safety strategy and communicate this effectively
- Ensure Tarmac safety standards are implemented and progress is recorded in a consistent fashion
- Communicate best practice across the UK, ensuring continuous improvement
- Impart expert advice to support the development of risk assessments and safe systems of work for the business
This position will suit effective communicators with the desire to drive change in health and safety practice. The role requires frequent travel across the UK and calls for a collaborative, people-focused approach. With plenty to focus on within the business, prior experience in safety, transport and logistics is advantageous.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of transport and logistics
- Relevant health and safety qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience devising and implementing strategy
- Ability to build rapport at all levels and experience presenting at a senior level
- Acute commercial awareness and report writing skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced candidate looking to drive cultural excellence in health and safety. Embedding future strategy will help support the business on its journey towards a world class safety culture. If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please apply.
Apply for Road Transport Health and Safety Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly