Health, Safety, Environment Advisor
Acre is pleased to be working in partnership with one of the UK's leading construction and refurbishment businesses to identify a Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Advisor for the Southern business unit. This position will take responsibility for embedding an effective Health and Safety culture for the operational teams of the business unit. This person will work across multiple diverse projects within London, taking a key role in a broader team focused on driving forward health and safety excellence.
The position holder will be responsible for:
- Responding to requests for advice in the regards to HSE expertise, through discussion with the SHEQ Manager, and others where appropriate
- Undertaking risk assessments relating to SHEQ
- Proactively working with operational teams during the project lifecycle to ensure that SHEQ is considered at all stages and that relevant control measures are identified
- Assisting the business with the implementation of the ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 standards
This position requires experience in a health and safety position, ideally within the construction or refurbishment sectors. The successful applicant will be self driven and motivated as they will have a large amount of autonomy on a day to day basis.
They will also have:
- NEBOSH Cert / NVQ Level 3 / NCRQ Level 6 or equivalent as a minimum
- TechIOSH, ideally working towards GradIOSH
- Excellent communicator with good listening skills
- Proven ability to train and coach stakeholders
This HSE Advisor position is an excellent opportunity to move into a responsible role within an industry leading contractor with excellent prospects for progression. If you are interested in this position please apply.