Health & Safety Manager
Acre is delighted to be partnered with a well-established construction and infrastructure business to identify an outstanding Health & Safety Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading on health & safety and ensuring the successful delivery of a £750m rail infrastructure project. Reporting into the HSEQ Director for the business, the H&S Manager will join a team establishing effective health and safety processes and systems, and driving forward performance on an important project.
Key responsibilities include:
- Proactively promoting H&S best practice and establishing accident and investigation prevention strategies across the project
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Carrying out inspections and audits in conjunction with appropriate management to ensure company and client legislative requirements are being met
- Supporting the delivery of the Behavioural Safety Programme, whilst maintaining a culture of openness and transparency to improve H&S performance
- Assisting the project teams in the development of plans and processes to support delivery of work on all sites
This person must be an experienced health and safety professional with a background in the construction sector and with previous Network Rail project experience. The successful person will also be driven, with a passion for H&S matters and an eagerness to learn and develop.
They will also have:
- Previous experience on a Network Rail project
- Previous experience within the construction, civils or infrastructure sectors
- CMIOSH or GradIOSH working towards chartership
- Ideally NEBOSH or NCRQ Diploma
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Previous experience of managing a team is desirable
This exciting opportunity will give an individual the chance to work for a prestigious, sector leading organisation on a large-scale infrastructure project with excellent opportunities for progression. If you feel you have the correct skill set then please don't hesitate to apply.
Apply for Health & Safety Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly