Acre is currently working with one of the world's leading chemical manufacturers, to identify an Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager. The role will provide leadership and direction for all EHS operations at their Bolton site.
Additional responsibilities Include:
- Develop and maintain appropriate safety and environmental management systems, in compliance with relevant standards and best practice requirements concerning EHS. This is to include SW internal policies and ISO14001, 18001 and OSHAS 18001.
- Working closely with the regional EHS and Process Safety teams to ensure a consistent and robust approach across the groups' sites. Including the facilitation of process safety processes (HAZID and HAZOP).
- Identify gaps in legislative compliance and reviewed performance, in conjunction with the site management team - develop plans to close these gaps.
- Identify, develop and facilitate appropriate EHS training and refresher training for the operations and site teams.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced EHS manager with an in-depth understanding of the risks involved in manufacturing, blending and storing chemicals. The successful candidate will manage a team and be part of the senior site management team.
In addition you will have:
- NEBOSH/NCRQ diploma or equivalent, engineering degree would be advantageous
- Experience in Safety, Health, Fire and Environmental Regulations preferably on a site dealing with flammable liquids
- Experience of working with DSEAR / COMAH regulations
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, coaching and negotiating skill
If you have the skills and experience needed to succeed in this exciting role and are interested in joining one of the globe's largest chemical manufacturers, please apply.