Head of HSE - Housing
Acre are delighted to be working alongside a leading FTSE250 construction businesses to identify a Head of Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) for their Housing Division. This organisation are well recognised in the industry with over 4000 employees spread nationwide, and it will be the responsibility of the Head of HSE to manage a team of ten+ HSE professionals responsible for the planning, delivery and review of all housing projects. It's a fantastic chance to take on a leadership position working closely with the Managing Director for the Division and the Operations Directors to effect positive change.
- Manage a team of ten+ HSE professionals including resource allocation, performance, development
- Continuously developing the HSE team to ensure that the team adopts and maintains a dynamic and driven approach to promoting HSE across the organisation
- Support the Group HSE Director on reviewing and updating Group HSE Management systems, including objectives, targets and reporting
- Provide advice on HSE legislation and industry best practice, and advise business units on the practical application of HSE management systems
This position will suit an individual with demonstrable experience of managing a HSE team within the Construction sector, with housing experience. They must also have the ability to motivate and develop this team, whilst also being comfortable communicating and working alongside senior stakeholders in the business at a strategic level.
You will also have
- NEBOSH Diploma/NCRQ Diploma or equivalent
- GradIOSH as a minimum
- Previous HSE Construction experience
- Ideally housebuilding experience
- Example of developing high performing HSE teams
This is a fantastic opportunity that will give the successful individual the chance to drive forward HSE performance in leadership position within a company that is progressive in its approach to HSE. Through the management of a team of ten+ HSE professionals you also have the ability to improve and develop people and positively affect their HSE careers. If you are interested then please do apply.