Health & Safety Manager (Construction)
Galahad Cade is looking to appoint a Health & Safety Manager on behalf of a civil engineering contractor renowned for delivering outstanding ground works including earth moving, landscaping and fixing of drainage systems. With a history dating over 30 years, the company has grown from strength to strength and is a now a major player in the field.
Working within an established team of Health & Safety Professionals, you will cover a number of new build housing sites in Hampshire and surrounding areas.
- Provide support and expert advice on all Health and Safety related matters
- Liaising with Project Managers, Site Managers, Engineers and Foremen
- Assisting QS & PMs with Pre- Qualification documents, such as Construction Phase Plans & Method Statements
- Ensuring the correct safety procedures and systems are in place and being adhered to
- Carrying out Site audits and monitoring the different training requirements across Sites
- Incident and accident investigation and devising corrective actions to solve trending problems
- Providing health & safety related training whilst driving cultural and behavioural change
- Previous experience working in a health & safety function within construction, groundworks or civil engineering
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills and ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Advising and carrying out audits across multiple sites in line with industry standards and best practice
- Working knowledge of OHSAS 18001
- Hold relevant health & safety qualifications such as NEBOSH or IOSH
This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing and well regarded business in the sector. We look forward to hearing from you if this opportunity sounds like a good fit.