Health & Safety Advisor
Health & Safety Advisor
Shepherd Neame is Britain’s oldest Brewery based in Faversham, Kent. As an independent family business we own and operate over 328 pubs and produce a wide range of ales and lagers, including Spitfire Ale, Whitstable Bay and Bishops Finger.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for the position of Health & Safety Advisor within our Property and Services Team.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will report directly to the Property Director but with direct access when appropriate to our Board of Directors. The candidate will be tasked with delivering the company’s strong health and safety culture aligned with the company’s strategic aims and objectives across our manufacturing and hospitality estate. Specifically this will involve ensuring regulatory compliance within the Brewery, Head Office and the licensed estate.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers at all levels on legal compliance and the best implementation of the company’s Health & Safety Policy.
- Build and maintain a practical health and safety management system, based on best practice and advise the Property Director on the extent to which it can be integrated with systems for managing risk.
- Provide the Property Director with regular reports on the health and safety performance of the Company and advise on strategic changes for improvements that the Board of Directors should consider.
- Advise the Property Director on health and safety implications of strategic decisions.
- Oversee a company-wide training programme in conjunction with the Human Resources Department.
- Provide information for and take part in the annual review of the company’s Health and Safety management systems.
- Advise all staff on changes in legislation that will affect the Company’s operations.
- Liaise with enforcement authorities as and when necessary.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
The ideal candidate will:
- Have the requisite recognised qualifications – NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent, Chartered Member of IOSH.
- Have experience of installing risk management systems, building a strong health and safety culture and a sound understanding of strategic decision making.
- Bring experience within a vertically integrated manufacturing operation.
- Demonstrate a passion for continuous improvement and be able to influence and challenge managers in a constructive manner.
- Exhibit strong investigative skills combined with strong report writing capabilities.
- Have a UK driving licence and be flexible to travel to various locations throughout S/E England.
- Highly competitive salary.
- Company car.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Share Incentive Plan.
- Company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all managed house Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- The opportunity to join the country’s oldest family brewer.
Normal hours of work are Full time, 37.5 hours per week. 08:30 - 17:00, Monday to Friday.
However, in order to meet the needs of the business, it is recognised that additional hours of work will be necessary on occasions.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply online attaching your C.V. and a covering statement as to why you are suitable for the role:
Web Address: https://www.shepherdneame.co.uk/jobs/11951
Closing date for applications: 18th August 2017