Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Regional Health, Safety and Environmental Manager - King's Lynn - construction - £40k-£45k+package
Projects include refurbishment and extensions to full design and build, retail and manufacturing facilities to logistical warehouse hubs, commercial developments to food production facilities and cold stores.
Ensure that contractors and subcontractors and discharges all its legal obligations and related duties under current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, taking responsibility for the implementation of company policies, processes and procedures and assisting line managers in their implementation.
Also increase safety awareness and compliance across the organisation through constant and consistent communication and support and; instilling and promoting positive EHS behaviours and attitudes.
As an EHS Manager your duties will include:
- Responsibility for managing all aspects of the King's Lynn office, including office safety, fire management and personnel matters
- Liaison with Operations Directors, Contracts Managers and other members of project teams in relation to new and upcoming contracts, providing guidance and requirements
- Completion of prequalification questionnaires for potential/existing clients
- Attendance at client/professional team pre and post tender interviews
- Construction Phase Plans and associated documentation for new projects
- Site inspections and audits (UK wide) to ensure compliance and provision of robust reports with clear and consistent requirements and actions
- Thorough investigations of any incidents, providing reports with preventative and corrective actions
- Regular communication and interaction with the Health, Safety and Environmental Director and other members of the safety Department
- Providing support and assistance to project teams and subcontractors in EHS matters
- Internal and external assessments for ISO/OHSAS certifications.
- NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, or equivalent
- Membership of IOSH (ideally at Grad/Chartered level although candidates working towards willbe considered
- Experience and/or familiarity with OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001.
- Ability to prioritise work and work autonomously
- Good IT (including MS Office), presentation and communication skills
- Effective coaching and supportive style, influencing others
- Ability to make complex decisions swiftly and consistently.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite .com /non-discrimination-policy
Apply for Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly