Lead Consultant & Engagement Manager (Health Safety & Wellbeing)
Lead Consultant & Engagement Manager (Health Safety & Wellbeing)
Department/Section: Professional Services
Reporting to: Director of Professional Services
Purpose of the position
As a key member of the Professional Service team, this position will be responsible for delivering Ark’s outstanding service to our clients; Identifying the client’s needs and issues and finding pragmatic and innovative solutions. The role will be responsible for identifying required skill sets and assembling delivery teams as required. The role will manage relationships at all levels including giving advice and challenging business practice in a collaborative way to gain the right outcome, and to champion and promote effective health and safety governance, risk management and compliance.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Design, develop, implement and improve occupational wellbeing practices, methodologies and procedures.
- Undertake general and fire risk assessments for complex properties and processes including shopping centres of 100+ shops and tall buildings of minimum 250 meters’ height.
- Design, develop and implement management systems for corporate Insurance and Financial Services clients.
- Complete audits and gap analysis of management systems, arrangements and processes.
- Re-certify OHSAS18001 for corporate Insurance clients.
- Review of international regulations and compliance regulations to develop and create complex risk + legal registers for corporate Insurance and Financial Services clients internationally in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
- Undertake audits in Australasia and Oceanic region.
- Working closely with engagement managers and business development to deliver our service to our clients.
- Assemble, lead and support a team of consultants/SMEs as required by the client’s needs across multiple projects.
- Act as a senior subject matter expert (SME) advising and supporting our clients, team of consultants and product team in specialist matters as required.
- Design, develop, audit, train and implement (where required) SHE management systems at various life cycles for clients both in the UK and overseas to OHSAS 18001 (ISO45001 when implemented) and ISO 14001 or equivalent in documented form or on a full digital software platform.
- Create highly compelling training programmes including initial training needs analysis and templates, permit systems, contractor approval systems, risk control systems for clients.
- Lead, run and coordinate client projects.
- Design and undertake safety climate/behavioural safety surveys and audits.
- Act as ‘Competent Person’ providing advice to senior management in client companies.
- Review of international and UK regulations and provision of advice for client impact assessments.
- Create and undertake emergency preparedness test for HSE events.
- Undertake accident investigations (including root cause analysis).
- Designing and presenting management reports and analytics to clients.
- Ensure that project accounting and targets for each client is up to date and in full to budget.
- Fulfil the role of a Subject Matter Expert (SME) Account Manager, ensuring client needs are met through the provision of Risk, Compliance and Safety programmes.
- Produce performance reports and intended strategic/client development management reports for clients in fulfilment of the role as consultant.
- Monitor the delivery and make critical adjustments of client services against contractual obligations.
- Provide information in relation to client activity to help the business to grow.
- Encourage retention of existing clients, new incremental work and referrals.
- Create value through strong client intimacy between client and our company.
Skills, Requirements and Qualities:
- Pragmatic, strategic and tactical with flare for creative thinking.
- Strong planning, producing and executing skills with ability to work alone or as part of a team .
- Proactive, resourceful and deadline orientated .
- High service orientation, able to identify with the client their needs and issues
- Strong consulting skills to gather business requirements.
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Excels in a fast paced high performance environment.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organisation.
- Ability to work with multiple dimensions in mind.
- Ability to create client roadmaps.
- 5-10 years’ experience in Health, Safety, Environment, Wellbeing and Ergonomics.
- Degree qualified in Wellbeing and Ergonomics or 5 years’ equivalent experience with professional membership.
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Professionally qualified to MIIRSM and GradIOSH or equivalent.
- Lead Auditor for iso9001, iso14001 and OHSAS18001.
- Project Management
- Experience in engagement at senior level with clients in a variety of sectors including Insurance/Financial Services.
- Leading a team
- At least 2-5 projects implementing a management system for complex environment e.g. Corporate Insurance and Financial Services sectors, shopping centres of 100+ shops, tall buildings of minimum 250 meters height.
- At least one project of maintaining certification in 18001 or 14001 essential, and ISO 9001 desirable.
- Experience in contractor vetting and control.
- Experience with enforcement desirable.
- Experience in having dealt with insurers for health and safety incidents desirable.
- Flexible and willing to travel at short notice to various locations within UK and internationally, think and work on the move.
- Current UK driving licence, desirable but not essential.
- Good literacy, well-spoken and well-presented.
- Thrives under pressure and challenge.
Key Performance Indicators
- Production of timely and high quality reports
- Reports and other outputs delivered in a timely manner in line with SLAs
- Ownership of client facing requirements and team management
- Meeting client response times
Ark Workplace Risk is the market leading provider of Operational Risk, Compliance, Security and Safety Solutions and Services internationally focussing on the entire supply and value chain of Operational Risk, Compliance, Security and Safety with our clients using QUOODA® Ark’s Enterprise Software Platform, Outsourcing Solutions and Professional services.
Ark continues its ongoing investment to be ahead of the market through continuous product & technology innovation, differentiated solutions & services addressing regional variations in market needs, infrastructure and resources and strategic alliances and partnerships for global coverage.
Ark has worked with over 500 global and premium brands. Clients include investment funds, property management organisations and FTSE 250 listed companies within the Property & Real Estate, Services, Retail and Transport & Logistics and Hospitality & Leisure sectors.
Apply for Lead Consultant & Engagement Manager (Health Safety & Wellbeing)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly