Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Acre is pleased to be working with one of the UK's leading meat processors to identify an ambitious and self-motivated Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager. The successful candidate will have an excellent track record within a HSE management role and an ability to generate a positive health and safety culture through effective internal and external engagement.
Main responsibilities include:
- Creating, maintaining and improving HSE standards across the site while ensuring safety and environmental legislation is followed
- Identifying risks and recommending changes to protect workers
- Educating employees on how to prevent health problems through safety training programs
- Advising on specialist areas including fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases
- Liaise with the management and safety teams to eliminate conflict between production and safety considerations
Reporting to the site director, the successful candidate will provide technical expertise and industry knowledge to support management in enabling continuous improvement in HSE standards across the site.
This position will suit someone with hands-on experience in a high risk role within manufacturing. The successful applicant will need strong communication skills and an ability to actively promote best practice, encourage employees to make and accept change.
In addition you will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) in Health and Safety
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 and 18001
- IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental Management
- Lead Auditor experience
- Knowledge of PPC environmental permitting
This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive, attention focused and highly motivated manager to work for a well respected, yet growing organisation. If you have the required knowledge and experience within a high risk setting, please apply today.