Health and Safety Advisor - Hampshire
Acre is pleased to be working with one of the world's most recognisable contractors to identify a Health and Safety Advisor. This person will be embedded into a major Highways services contact in Hampshire worth in excess of £200m, with the responsibility of operating, maintaining and improving the areas road network. The Health and Safety Advisor will take responsibility for implementing effective health and safety processes and systems and driving forward health and safety performance, on a contract that improves the lives of millions of people.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advising, guiding and coaching all personnel with the implementation of the Health & Safety practices
- Liaising with trade contractors, designers, suppliers, client, enforcement agencies and other relevant parties as required
- Ensuring that accidents and incidents are investigated and the findings communicated to relevant parties
- Compiling monthly statistics and reports
This person will have experience in HSE ideally with a background in the civils/infrastructure sector. The successful person will also be driven, with exceptional communication skills and a real enthusiasm for driving improvements in health and safety.
They will also have:
- NEBOSH Cert or NCRQ Level 6 or equivalent
- TechIOSH as a minimum
- Ideally experience in civils/infrastructure/utilities
- Experience of accident/incident investigations
As member of the HSE team this position will give the incumbent a chance to drive improvements in performance across a major contract for the business, with excellent opportunities for growth and progression. Please apply if this could be the right next step for you.