Health & Safety Advisor - landscaping or agricultural - West Midlands
My client is a construction landscaping and Utility and Commercial Arboriculture Management company who work with many of the UK's top 50 building firms and their order books are still growing!! They are looking for an additional member of their HSE team,
- Reports directly to the senior SHE Manager and Group Operations Director
- Partly responsible for the smooth running of the SHE Department and assist the Group Operations Director with the running of the Yard and Workshop.
- Write, review, update and release SHE policies and procedures as required.
- Conduct SHE routine and random Audits and Inspections,
- Ensure that legal compliance audits are carried out.
- Review SHE Objectives and Action Plan Progress.
- Record and investigate all accidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses.
- Accident/ incident investigations are carried out, reports raised and trends analysed.
- All RIDDOR incidents, Near Misses and serious accidents are reported to the HSE under RIDDOR.
- Ensure that Environmental Risk Assessments are raised as required.
- All employees are advised on Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Issues and changes in legislation.
- Vet the SHE competence of all Sub Contractors and ensure that the Sub Contractors database is updated.
- Vet the SHE competence of all Suppliers and ensure that the Suppliers database is updated.
- Ensure Contract Managers only use approved Subcontractors.
- Other Duties are available in the full job spec which is available upon demand.