Health and Safety Advisor
Health & Safety Advisor
Field Based - North East
Up to £28,000 Basic + Car or Car Allowance + Commission + Quarterly Bonus
Peninsula is the leading provider of health & safety and employment law services in the UK with over 40,000 clients. A Sunday Times Top 100 Employer for the last 3 years running!
Following the successful development of our BusinessSafe 123 service and the growth of our health and safety product portfolio, we have an exciting opportunity to expand our team of dedicated Health & Safety Advisors; whose primary objective is to visit and work with our existing Peninsula Clients who do not have our full Business Safe Service.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a keen health & safety practitioner with a commercial mindset, who is looking to develop their health & safety skills further and join our SafeCheck team. The successful individual must have the ability and personality to work with customers in a vast array of industry sectors and be able to engage in both technical and commercial discussions.
As a Health & Safety Advisor, duties will include:
- Undertaking of Health and Safety compliance reviews of clients' premises
- Production of a SafeCheck report based on the audit findings, highlighting any risks and recommendations
- Building an immediate rapport with the business owner
- Gaining an understanding of their current health & safety management system by site inspection and utilising effective questioning
- Highlighting the key reasons why our health & safety service would benefit the client without compromising your key health & safety objectives
Skills and experience required:
- NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum requirement
- Technically strong with good health & safety knowledge
- Ideally, 12 months experience in a health & safety role
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Commercial awareness
- Experience of working to KPI's or targets
- Concise report writing and organisational skills
- Customer relationship building experience
This is a field-based role, which will require some travel, successful applicants must ideally live in the North East area, and be prepared to attend training in our Manchester head office.
This role is a great opportunity to expand your industry experience into new sectors. We have an exceptional benefits package which includes 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), support further training and career development of individuals and of course all the equipment you'd need to work within the field, including laptop, printer, iPhone and of course a company car or car allowance.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for your career progression plan, please apply today.