Allen & York are delighted to be working with a leading manufacturing organisation who produce key components for the rail industry. They are seeking to appoint a HSEQ manager for their UK operations which covers 3 sites. The role will involve management of 3 Safety Advisors and a team of 5 Quality Advisors.
The organisation we are working with have a strong safety culture with a good appreciation of risk. They are seeking to progress this further whilst continuing to strive for excellent safety systems.
We are looking for someone who can lead, direct and champion all aspects of HSEQ for the UK operations.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and manage top level SOP's to meet business, vendor and regulatory standards
- Ensure all locations are meeting internal and external safety standards
- Give overall direction to the HSE and QA teams
- Emphasise the importance of working with the relevant internal HSEQ standards
- Achieve and sustain relevant ISO standards for all UK sites
- Lead on all external quality requirements with verification bodies e.g. DNV
- Lead audits on all sites in line with the QMS
- Review and approve the annual audit schedule
- Promotion of best practice and continuous improvement across all UK sites
Your Supplemental Responsibilities
- Undertake regular audits on production lines to ensure suitability
- Manage all online information with regards to HSEQ
- Participate of the global HSEQ conference calls
- Provide professional advice to the senior management teams
- Manage continuous improvement projects
- Responsible for personal development of all HSEQ teams
- IQA qualified
- NEBOSH level 4 NVQ or equivalent
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of all areas of HSEQ
- Knowledge of 14001, 18001 and 14001
- Excellent and tangible leadership skills
If you would like further information about this position, then please call Jack on 01202 888986 ext. 291 or apply directly.
Allen & York act as a specialist HSE recruitment agency working on roles from Administrator to Director level.