Health and Safety Manager (Small Works Construction)
Health and Safety Manager (Small Works Construction) – London
£40,000 - £50,000
If you are a Health and Safety professional, I have a fantastic opportunity with an established and highly regarded small works construction company based in London.
They are renowned for undertaking impressive landmark and iconic projects ranging from £800K to £2M across London.
Due to Increased business demand and exciting expansion plans, they now seek an experienced Health and Safety Manager to be a key part of the business.
As Health and Safety Manager do you want to be part of high profile and challenging projects / Landmarks across London and the UK??
As a Health and Safety Manager do you want to work with prestigious FTSE100 Clients across a number of market / business sectors??
As a Health and Safety Manager do you want to join a company who is passionate about investing in your future career growth by giving you access to unlimited industry recognised courses and help you to get further qualifications??
As a Health and Safety Manager do you want to work with an organisation who take Health and Safety seriously and are constantly looking at ways to improve Health and Safety for their employees and external partners?
As Health and Safety Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and advising on all Health and Safety matters within the organisation. You will also be responsible for between 15 – 25 sites around London with approx. 80 employees.
- Monitoring the Company’s site activity, by carrying out site visits with accompanying reports.
- Acting as the Company’s CDM representative.
- Overseeing the assembling of Construction Phase Plans.
- Carry out accident investigations and writing subsequent reports.
- Maintaining and improving accident statistics and monitoring trends.
- Carrying out and assisting others with risk assessments and writing method statements.
- Monitoring sub-contractors activity and ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place.
- Assessing and organising training needs.
- Develop and deliver internal training courses on PowerPoint, including Asbestos Awareness, Work at Height and Safe Erection & Dismantling of Tower and Risk Assessment.
- Delivering TBT (Toolbox Talks) including occupational hazards (noise, dust & vibration), abrasive wheels, stepladders etc.
- Updating the Company Health & Safety Policies and Employees Safety Hand book.
- Assessing subcontractors & subcontractor’s suitability and assurances.
- Attend regular meetings with Project Management teams.
Skills sought include:
- Health and Safety qualifications and working towards Graduate member of IOSH
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to influence and challenge.
- An ability to develop and implement H&S and QMS strategies for monitoring performance.
- Experience of the legal requirements of CDM 2015, Fire and Asbestos, Scaffolding, Working at Height, Confined Spaces regulations.
- Detailed knowledge of HSE legislation.
- A background in Construction is essential.
- A background in Fit Out, Installations, Joinery, Partitions or refurbishments would prove advantageous.
Job Reference: VP2784SW
For further information call Salah Wagu on 0208 420 4064
For our latest Convert jobs download our FREE App - Free Download - No need to search anymore - Jobs matched to YOU and sent to YOU - Easy 'On the Go' application - Get ahead of the competition Get the App... Please visit the Convert website for more information
Convert Recruitment values diversity and promotes equality. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.