Galahad Cade has been engaged by a leading specialist recycling company (on an exclusive basis) to identify a Compliance Manager who will be responsible for Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental related matters. Operating one of the most advanced plastics recycling facilities in Europe, the company produces high grade polymer compounds for re-use in newly manufactured products.
With the support of one direct report, the Compliance Manager will champion, promote and monitor health, safety, environmental and quality standards across two state of the art processing facilities (both located within close proximity in Manchester).
- Ensure systems and procedures are implemented to attain accreditation for OHSAS 18001 on one site, whilst maintaining already achieved accreditation on the other
- Maintain and improve the quality management system in compliance with ISO9001 for both sites
- Implement a robust Environmental Management System for both sites that ensures compliance with Waste Management Permits
- Driving forward initiatives, programs and schemes to promote a positive Health & Safety culture
- Investigating and reporting accidents or near miss occurrences, and making recommendations to prevent future occurrence
- Advising Senior Management Team and Site Managers on all Health & Safety matters affecting the business to help them make informed decisions
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record working in a similar capacity within a similar environment such as manufacturing, printing, food production or recycling.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to communicate health and safety matters in an easily understood manner to a varied audience
- Experience of working with SHEQ management systems
- Ability to carry out audits in line with ISO standards
- Recognised qualification and/or professional memberships such as NEBOSH and IOSH
This is a great opportunity to join a leading specialist in the field with one of the most advanced processing facilities in Europe. We look forward to hearing from you if this opportunity sounds like a good fit.