Group Director of HSEQ
Group HSEQ Director | Slough or Dublin | £ Six Figure salary plus exec level benefits package
Irwin & Stone have been engaged by a high profile civil engineering and utilities service provider to recruit a Group Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality Director. The primary focus of the role, working closely with an experienced senior management team, is to shape, agree and implement the strategic direction for the HSEQ function both in the UK and Ireland, as well as on a global stage. This is a newly created role, reporting directly to the Group CEO.
This is a position of significant importance and leadership within the organisation, which will provide assurance to the Board and their clients that HSEQ risk is effectively managed through the delivery of a programme of operational excellence.
With a workforce of over 2500 employees, they operate across multi-faceted environments including telecoms, power, rail and infrastructure civils.
Key responsibilities for the Group HSEQ Director will include:
- Leading the development and delivery of the health, safety and environment strategy and tactical plan across the group
- Engaging across the business, including working with the Board of Directors and Senior Leadership team to drive a positive safety culture
- Scanning the horizon for future challenges and opportunities and creating innovative ideas to drive continual improvement to performance
- Setting performance targets and ensuring accurate reporting against these
- Leading a team of 25 - 35 HSEQ professionals across multiple locations
- Report to Group CEO and Board on a regular basis with updates on all HSEQ matters
The successful candidate will have:
- Strategic vision, with the ability to identify innovative ideas and convert these into successful projects which have a tangible impact on HSE performance
- Senior leadership experience in a similar role ideally within construction or civil engineering or a related industry
- Experience in influencing, engaging and coaching senior management to successfully drive change management projects
- Chartered Membership of IOSH and a relevant degree level qualification
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate health, safety and environmental professional to join an organisation which is experiencing exponential growth and at an exciting point in the business's history. This position will involve travel across the UK and Ireland and internationally from time to time.
For further information or to discuss your career, Michael Colton or 020 7096 1622 Ref: 5119
Irwin & Stone are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.
Apply for Group Director of HSEQ
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly