Acre is currently engaged with one of the UK's leading food manufacturers to recruit an innovative and passionate Health, Safety and Environmental (SHE) Manager. You will energetically utilise strong communication skills within a high-risk manufacturing environment and have the ability to profoundly encourage personal growth within a supportive culture.
Main responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement the company's HSE strategy, policies, standards, procedures and systems to ensure site compliance with legislative requirements
- Create initiatives to improve HSE performance
- Coordinate and conduct risk assessments, audits and inspections efficiently, developing a time-bound action plan for resolutions of highlighted issues
- Support, enable and engage managers in undertaking all Health and Safety aspects of their roles
- Deliver up-to-date monthly trend information to the business
Reporting to the Operations Director, the position holder will thrive within a fast-paced environment. Confidence, determination and teamwork are vital characteristics of success in this role; therefore previous experience of overcoming complex, high risk challenges collaboratively is essential.
In addition you will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) in Health and Safety
- Experience of delivering high level HSE training
- ISO 14001 and 18001 experience
- Previous sole responsibility for HSE at site level
- Noise, Dust and Manual Handling Assessors Certificate
This is a fantastic opportunity for a proficient HSE Manager, with high levels of determination, integrity and teamwork, to join an ambitious and high-performing site. If you have experience within a demanding manufacturing environment and the ability to influence and engage colleagues in creating a positive safety culture, then please apply today.