London | £55,000
Irwin & Stone have been engaged by a well-known consultancy to recruit a Principal Designer
to join their growing team. The consultancy has built a solid reputation of high quality delivery across a range of construction environments. The projects they are engaged on include some of the highest profile construction and infrastructure projects in the UK and this role is critical to their continued success.
Responsibilities for the Principal Designer will include:
- Contributing to and be responsible for the delivery of Principal Designer services, on a range of projects across a variety sectors
- Ensuring that all documents and project files are prepared and managed in accordance with the company standards
- Ensuring the duties are fulfilled, in line with statutory regulatory requirements
- Conducting health and safety design reviews throughout the design and construction phases of a project
- Ensure clear communication between project duty holders
The successful Principal Designer will have:
- A solid track record within the Principal Designer role
- A minimum of a NEBOSH Certificate (ideally construction) and ideally relevant membership of the Association of Project Safety (APS) and IOSH
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience of engaging with a range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations within construction
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running; excellent communication skills are essential.
Contact James Irwin on or 0207 0784 099. Ref 3118
Irwin & Stone are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.