Acre is delighted to be partnered with one of the UK's leading construction contractors to identify an energetic Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading on HSE and ensuring the successful delivery of an iconic British project - Battersea Power Station. Reporting into the Regional HSE Manager for the business, the HSE Advisor will join a team establishing effective health and safety processes and systems, and driving forward performance on a development worth over £2billion.
Key responsibilities include:
- Setting and raising HSE standards as required by current legislation and promoting a good understanding of business protocols
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Providing effective HSE advice, support and information to site staff and operatives, as well as delivering training and toolbox talks when necessary
- Investigating accidents, incidents and near misses in accordance with company procedures
- Assisting the project teams in the development of plans and processes to support delivery of work on all sites
This person must be an experienced health and safety professional with a background in the construction sector and with previous experience on large projects. The successful person will also be driven, with a passion for HSE matters and an eagerness to learn and develop.
They will also have:
- TechIOSH as a minimum, ideally GradIOSH
- NEBOSH General / NEBOSH Construction Certificate / NCRQ Certificate
- Previous experience of steel erection on a construction site
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Good understanding of behavioural safety and safety cultures
This exciting opportunity will give an individual the chance to work for a prestigious, sector leading organisation on the famous Battersea Power Station project. If you feel you have the correct skill set then please don't hesitate to apply.