Head of Health, Safety and Environment
Acre is delighted to be exclusively working with a major UK Joint Venture to identify a new Head of Health, Safety and Environment. The Joint Venture is formed of two of Europe's most dynamic engineering and construction specialists, working together to deliver the main civil engineering works for one of the largest infrastructure construction schemes in Europe. This is a rare chance to take the lead on a JV responsible for over £2bn worth of works and a workforce in advance of 3,500.
This position is a major undertaking and will require a driven senior-level professional with proven experience of working on complex major projects of significant value, experience leading and developing large teams, and experience liaising closely and working with key stakeholders.
- To manage, lead and champion Health, Safety & Environment delivery within their project
- Design, develop and communicate strategic objectives, and measure HSE performance against strategic deliverables
- To provide the advice and support necessary to assist directors, managers and staff to fulfil their safety responsibilities to the high standards demanded by the project
- To facilitate and coach operational teams on cutting edge HSE principles and tools to allow the team to engage effectively with the workforce
- To lead any relevant HSE assurance activities providing confidence to the business that operational effectiveness of all relevant HSE processes is being delivered
This person will be:
- An experienced HSE professional with a track record of working on complex major infrastructure projects
- Skilled in managing and coordinating direct reports / team of advisers to deliver an efficient service to the project
- Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels and to influence various stakeholders at all levels
- A professional who embraces change and sees new ways of working as an opportunity to improve. Is creative and innovative; seeks new options and ideas
This opportunity is an exceptional chance to make a real difference on the first project of its type in the UK for a generation. Contracted to an innovative engineering and construction specialist this position will place the successful person into an industry leading business with a nuanced approach to safety and a strong emphasis and focus on HSE excellence for the benefit of all.