HSE Advisor - Utilities / Civils - South East- £45k - £48k plus great benefits
We are currently looking for a HSE Advisor with experience in the utilities sector to work with our client based in North London and Middlesex.
To ensure that all safety & environmental legislation is adhered to and policies are enforced. To assist in the planning, implementation, monitor and review the preventative measures that the company is required or choose to follow. To work to minimise operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries.
1. Preparing local Health, Safety & Environmental strategies and developing internal policies.
2. To carry out risk assessments and evaluate the risks and how they maybe reduced.
3. To assist in the development of safe operational procedures which identify and evaluate all relevant hazards, and minimise operational risk.
4. To carry out accident investigations on site and produce reports based on the findings with relevant recommendations highlighted for Management.
5. To assist Contract/Project Manager with compiling Health, Safety & Environmental plans, safe systems of work and risk assessments for specific contracts.
6. Liaising with regulatory bodies to ensure the company is compliant with statutory legislation, codes of practice and legislation.
7. Conducting Health & Safety Training and Toolbox talks.
8. Undertaking internal audits & surveillance and produce reports based on findings
9. Attending Safety Committee meetings.
Key Competencies Desirable
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
Additional Competencies Preferred:
- Environmental Awareness
- NRSWA Supervisor
- Confined Space