Lead Health and Safety Consultant
Allen & York are pleased to have been engaged by a boutique Health and Safety consultancy who are seeking to appoint a lead consultant into their established team. The company prides themselves on the level and flexibility of service that they provide to their clients. This includes tailored, cost effective solutions that benefit their clients in the long term.
Due to their reputation, they are experiencing a period of continued growth, this often comes from referrals.
The role of Lead Health and Safety Consultant is to provide ongoing support to the MD whilst developing new business and providing technical support to the team. In this multi-faceted role, you will have operational responsibilities whilst also working closely with clients on their requirements.
- Support business development in specifying needs of existing and future clients
- To identify and acquire new business opportunities, these can be contract extensions or new clients
- Conduct in depth audits to measure exact levels of compliance for clients
- Conduct various assessments and multiple stages through a project
- Devise cost effective plans for clients
- Work with relevant external bodies and enforcement agencies on behalf of clients
- Undertake routine Health and Safety duties for clients:
- Policies, Organisation and Procedures
- Risk Assessments
- Surveys and Inspections
- Mentoring and providing advice
- Management reporting
- Accident/Incident reporting and investigation
- Contractor Management
- Deliver training on a variety of topics
- Pursue your own professional development alongside that of your colleagues
- To support allocation of resource within the business
- Chartered membership of IOSH
- NCRQ diploma, NEBOSH diploma, NVQ level 4 OHAS, BSc or MSc OHAS
- 5 years' practical experience in a Health and Safety role
- ISO 14001, 18001, 9001 auditor qualification
This role involves regular travel with the expectation of 4-5days a month away from home.
If this role seems of interest then I would love to talk, please contact me on 01202 888986 or apply directly. I look forward to hearing from you.