Safety Manager (M/F)
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one; a day to take a first step; a day to look forwards to new challenges; and today is that day for you. It’s your day to be part of something great; a day to make your ideas come to life; and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That’s the energy and passion behind Amazon
We are looking to hire an experienced, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Health & Safety Manager to play a critical role in managing the Health & Safety function.
The ideal candidate requires strong team leadership experience in Health & Safety, ideally within transportation delivery industry or a similar international fast paced customer driven environment as you will be responsible for:
- Managing the health and safety function at the depot(s), including supervision of staff to ensure delivery of objectives
- Providing authoritative advice and guidance on health & safety matters to all stakeholders within designated area of responsibility
- Reviewing and auditing arrangements for health & safety management and continuously improving these arrangements where appropriate
- Providing strategies to plan and organize work systems to reduce health & safety risks and recommending suitable adaptations to plant, machinery and processes
- Providing management information and statistics related to area of responsibility
- Implementation and review of company l safety policies ensuring that local legislative requirements are also met
- Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent with significant H&S Management experience, preferably gained in a warehouse or transportation environment
- Educated to degree level
- Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH) or equivalent
- Flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities and workload
- Able to effectively lead and manage a team
- Used to operating at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication and influencing skills – result orientated and tenacious
- An in-depth understanding of essential/relevant EU & UK H&S legislation
- The credibility and influencing skills and strategies to be able to build buy-in to change
- Demonstrable record of driving significant change through an operation
- Lean, 5S and Kaizen experience
- Environmental qualification/experience an advantage
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.