Environment, Health & Safety Manager (Construction)
Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager | Birmingham | £40,000 to £43,000 + car & attractive benefits
Irwin and Stone are working with a leading principal contractor to secure Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager to work on a range of construction projects, from refurbishments through to multi million-pound commercial developments. The role will report in to the EHS Director and will seek to ensure consistent implementation and progression of a positive safety culture across the organisation.
- Keep up to date with EHS legislation and company policies and procedures, and ensure that the site teams are following these
- Carry out site inspections (UK wide) and audits to identify any unsafe practices and educate the teams towards the correct methods of work
- Attend and input at internal meetings regarding tender and bid processes
- Review and complete Construction Phase Plans and associated documentation for new projects
- Liaise with Ops Directors, Contract Managers and project team members in relation to new and upcoming contracts, providing guidance where required
- Lead accident/incident investigations for your area, liaising with all parties and producing a full report and recommendations as per company guidelines
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within construction or a related industry
- NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, or equivalent
- Membership of IOSH
- Experience or familiarity with OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001.
- Valid UK Driving Licence
This is a varied role with exposure to a variety of construction sites and developments. If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply or call on 020 7096 1622 Quoting Ref: 5123
Irwin & Stone are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.