Health, Safety & Environment Manager (Construction)
Health, Safety and Environment Manager (Construction) | London or St Albans (with site travel) | £60,000 + car and attractive benefits
Irwin & Stone has been engaged by a major principal contractor to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment Manager. The company have an excellent track record of health, safety and environment performance and this role is critical to ensure this is not only maintained but improved and developed. The company has a turnover in excess of £500m with over 2000 employees.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for a varied portfolio of sites across London and the South East. Projects include high profile developments in the commercial, education, and manufacturing sectors.
Responsibilities of the Health, Safety and Environment Manager will include:
- Ensure positive health, safety and environment performance across the designated region
- Visiting site, assisting and advising operational managers to ensure they can achieve the efficient and effective delivery of the health, safety, and environment strategy
- Conducting incident investigation to identify root cause and making recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- Constantly assessing opportunities for improvements and sharing best practice across the organisation
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within construction, civil engineering or a related industry
- Experience in influencing, engaging and coaching at senior management and site level
- A NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma or NVQ5 (or equivalent)
- Membership of a professional body (eg. GradIOSH, CMIOSH)
- Temporary works experience
- Experience with innovative occupational health, wellbeing and behavioral change programmes
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated health and safety professional to further progress and develop their career in a supportive and professional environment. The position will require regular travel to sites. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Mike Colton on or call 020 7096 1622. Ref: 5128
Irwin & Stone are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.