Senior Environment Consultant
Senior Environment Consultant | York | £35,000 - 40,000 + Benefits
Irwin & Stone has been engaged by a well-established multi-disciplinary consultancy to recruit a Senior Environment Consultant. The organisation has a substantial portfolio and operates successfully across the rail, transport, defense, energy and construction sectors.
They are currently engaged on some of the UK's most iconic developments and have a robust pipeline of projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to deliver cutting edge solutions to a diverse range of clients, in particular across a portfolio of rail projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Auditing environmental performance and constantly looking for areas of improvement
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders at both design and build stage to help drive environmental performance
- Working with the business to ensure compliance with ISO 14001 and to obtain consents and environmental permits
- Accurately reporting on environmental performance and communicating this across the organisation
- Managing project performance and be able to take necessary corrective action to ensure commitments made are delivered.
- Delivering environment and sustainability training to all levels within the business units
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within railway, infrastructure, construction, or a related industry
- Relevant Environmental qualifications and Minimum of Associate Membership of relevant institution (e.g. IEMA, IEEM)
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant environmental legislation, compliance and regulations
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Environment manager or advisor to work on leading infrastructure projects happening in the UK now and over the coming years. If you have the experience contact Michael Colton on or 020 7096 1622. Ref 5130
Irwin & Stone are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.