Regional Health & safety Officer
Galahad Cade has been engaged by a well-established and highly reputable property services company to appoint a Health and Safety Officer. The company offers a diverse range of services and this role sits within the specialist management division that focuses on high-rise residential buildings and estates. If you are a proactive individual who does not enjoy being sat behind a desk all day long, then this role might just be for you.
The main purpose of this role is to minimise risk to the business, based on the findings from periodic inspections of real estate, in line with current regulation governing Health & Safety and Fire Risk Assessments.
- To provide assistance, guidance and expert advice on all fire, health and safety related matters to the company
- To carry out safety inspections of stock within the company’s portfolio, identifying deficiencies and assisting in the implementation of remedial action as may be necessary
- Prepare reports based on outcomes from Health & Safety inspections and Fire Risk Assessments and advice Property Managers on the implications of key findings
- Liaise with external stakeholders pertaining audits, particularly Local Fire Authorities
- Investigating and reporting accidents or near miss occurrences, and making recommendations to prevent future occurrence
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills and ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent report writing skills
- NEBOSH General, Fire or Construction Certificate
- Driving licence and the flexibility to travel to various sites
- Ideally you will be based in Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire or Hertfordshire. Nonetheless applicants from other regions will be considered because the company has several offices nationwide.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and growing business with great opportunities for professional development. We look forward to hearing from you if this opportunity sounds like a good fit.