Acre is delighted to be working alongside a global recycling organisation, looking to source a Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager for an interim contract position in the West Midlands. This role will be primarily focused on the organisation's waste-to-energy operations, and involves close liaison with senior management to ensure continued compliance and drive forward HSE performance.
- Providing a visible, proactive HSE presence within the organisation, and promoting a positive HSE culture across the business
- Identifying HSE risks and advising operational management on hazard controls
- Ensuring compliance with Environment Agency (EA) permits, and liaising with local EA officers for permits and reporting
- Monitoring progress against key HSE policies and requirements
- Maintaining adherence to the organisation's HSE Management Systems and identifying any potential improvements to processes
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead the HSE focus for a key business unit within a global organisation. The successful candidate will need to be prepared to deal with pressure situations, be self-assured and credible.
- NEBOSH Certificate or NCRQ Level 6 (as a minimum)
- IEMA Diploma or similar environmental qualification (preferred)
- Experience in manufacturing, energy, waste-to-energy, or process plant sectors
- Ability to write detailed reports
- Capability to manage time efficiently
This is an immediate requirement for my client, so please do apply if you are interested in this opportunity.