Lead Health and Safety Consultant
Job Description and Person Specification
Job title: Lead Health and Safety Consultant
Department/Section: Professional Services
Reporting to: Director of Professional Services
Start Date: Immediate
Salary: £50,000-£65,000 per annum + Share Options + CPD Package + Benefits
Location: London, or within commuting distance
The ideal candidate would be open to a challenging role with high autonomy and accountability in a consulting firm across a very impressive client base and growing and with great variety by helping our major and global clients solve critical, contentious and complex problems in your domain, and take their safety to a new level and achieve client delight, we would love to talk to you further.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Working closely with engagement managers and business development to deliver outstanding service to our clients, providing market leading solutions.
- Assemble, lead and support a team of consultants/SMEs as required by the client’s needs across multiple Health and Safety projects.
- Act as ‘Competent Person’ providing advice to middle and senior management in client companies.
- Act as a senior subject matter expert (SME) advising and supporting our clients, team of consultants and product team in specialist matters as required.
- Manage a risk programme for each client including undertaking Health, Safety and Fire risk assessments including for complex properties and processes.
- Design, develop, audit, train and implement (where required) SHE management systems at various life cycles for clients both in the UK and overseas to OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 or equivalent in documented form or on a full digital software platform.
- Create highly efficient and effective Health and Safety programmes and management systems including initial training needs analysis and templates, permit systems, contractor approval systems, risk control systems for clients.
- Design reporting and analytics for decision support and Executive interpretation.
Skills, Requirements and Qualities:
- Pragmatic, strategic and tactical with flare for creative thinking.
- Determination, drive and high influence.
- Strong planning, producing and executing skills with ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- High service orientation, able to identify with the client their business needs and issues.
- Strong consulting skills to gather requirements and propose solutions.
- Accurate and trustworthy.
- Flexible and willing to travel at short notice to various locations within UK and internationally.
- Current UK driving licence.
- Thrive on pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- 10-15 years’ experience.
- Professionally qualified to NEBOSH Diploma or Degree Level and CMIOSH or equivalent.
- Leading a team.
- Project management having at least worked on 2-5 projects implementing and maintaining a management system for complex environment and leading 5-10 Health and Safety initiatives.
- At least one project of maintaining certification in 18001 or 14001 essential, and ISO 9001 desirable.
About Ark Workplace Risk
Major and global brands choose Ark because of our refreshingly different approach to consulting and development to solutions that put clients in control of their safety. Combining strong competence in relationships, transformation and delivery we create value not just enhance it for our clients.
Ark Workplace Risk is the market leading provider of Operational Risk, Compliance, Security and Safety Solutions and Services internationally focussing on the entire supply and value chain of Operational Risk, Compliance, Security and Safety with our clients using QUOODA® Ark’s Enterprise Software Platform, Outsourcing Solutions and Professional services.
Ark continues its ongoing investment to be ahead of the market through continuous product & technology innovation, differentiated solutions & services addressing regional variations in market needs, infrastructure and resources and strategic alliances and partnerships for global coverage.
Ark works with over 500 global and premium brands. Clients include investment funds, property management organisations and FTSE 250 listed companies within the Property & Real Estate, Services, Retail and Transport & Logistics and Hospitality & Leisure sectors.
Apply for Lead Health and Safety Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly