Health and Safety Manager
Assured Safety Recruitment have been exclusively engaged by a not-for-profit organisation passionate about people and their potential, delivering services that help people to make positive changes and build productive lives. The organisation is a not-for-profit organisation seeking to appoint a Health and Safety Manager in a newly created post.
As Health and Safety Manager you will be responsible for implementing and overseeing all health and safety policies and procedures and practices in place are compliant with health and safety legislation and that good practice are adopted and adhered to across all teams.
You will be responsible for reviewing policies and procedures, developing an overarching Health & Safety strategy for the organisation as well as monitoring Health and Safety compliance, increasing Health and Safety awareness and promoting a ‘Safety Culture’ amongst the workforce
In addition you will:
- Manage training records, carrying out walks of the site and the updating and recording of all safety paperwork.
- Compile method statements and risk assessments for new works.
- Assist in the arrangement and collation periodic inspections of work equipment tools as per the LOLER & PUWER Regulations.
- To participate in Site Safety Meetings.
- Engage with regular service audits ensuring that any issues are escalated and addressed in a timely manner and good practice is effectively shared throughout the service to ensure continuous improvement.
- Work with the highest regard to health, safety and security in the workplace highlighting any risks (potential or actual) to the responsible manager.
- Ensure that information, including statistical data, for audit, research and reporting purposes, is effectively and efficiently collected, recorded and collated in the assigned area.
- Keep up to date technically on all relevant matters and strive for continuous professional development.
The organisation would like you to have the following skills/experience:
- An understanding of UK H&S Legislation, First Aid Trained and qualified to Nebosh Certificate.
- Passion and enthusiasm with the ability to communicate with people at all levels within the organisation.
- Proficient in MS Office etc.
- Self-motivated and a high level of professionalism.
- The ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- The ability to collect and analyse a wide range of data and use it for clear and targeted action plans.
Apply for Health and Safety Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly