Acre is delighted to be partnered with a well-established rail construction and infrastructure business to identify an Environmental Advisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading on all environmental issues and ensuring the successful delivery of a large-scale rail infrastructure project in the Midlands. Reporting into the Head of Environment and the Senior Project Manager, the Environmental Advisor will join a team establishing effective environmental processes and driving forward a successful environmental agenda.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the implementation of the business environmental strategy and helping to develop project commitments
- Providing guidance to the project in the delivery of the key objectives with regards to Environmental Management Plans
- Assisting project, clients and contractors with the resolution of any significant environmental problems
- Ensuring innovation and best practice is developed, implemented and encouraged with regards to environmental engineering
This position is suited to someone with significant environmental management experience of major construction or rail infrastructure projects. They will need the skills to work across a range of stakeholders, along with the ability to take the lead in regards to environmental delivery on the project.
Key requirements include:
- Degree qualified in environmental or a related discipline
- Experience implementing environmental management plans in line with ISO14001 for major construction / rail infrastructure projects
- Ability to communicate effectively to persuade and influence others in gaining agreement to and acceptance of ideas
- Positive approach to the challenges of change with the ability to elicit a receptive response in others
- Technically competent in a range of environmental processes and products, advising on suitability for application on site and proposing alternatives
This exciting opportunity will give an individual the chance to work for a prestigious, sector leading organisation on a large-scale infrastructure project with excellent opportunities for progression. If you feel you have the correct skill set then please don't hesitate to apply.
Apply for Environmental Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly