3 days left
HSEQ Manager - Kuwait
PB7: (Civil Service Equivalent Grade 7)
Contract: 3-year FTA
Hours: Flexible working, full-time, part-time, job share
Cefas is a major marine science research centre in the UK and has need for a health, safety, environment and quality manager for its emerging operations in Kuwait. As the senior HSEQ professional for Cefas in Kuwait the primary focus of this post is to lead, develop and manage the health, safety, environmental and quality functions across a multi-disciplinary project between Cefas and an overseas Government Client. The post will embed Cefas’ strategic direction and guidance on all HSEQ related issues and will ensure compliance with relevant legislation both in the UK and in Kuwait. Oversight, advice and implementation of HSEQ requirements in the laboratories and field programmes of a large, overseas, field-based marine monitoring and capacity building programme for an overseas Government client are part of this remit.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, develop and manage strong and effective health, safety, environmental and quality performance throughout the project in Kuwait.
- Provide direction and guidance on all HSEQ Related issues and promote compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation, developing longer term strategy as necessary.
- Have a significant contribution to the development and maintenance of the Environmental, Health and Safety and Quality management systems yet to be fully established within the marine programme area of the client.
- Champion culture change within the business through communication and consultation leading to reduction in incidents, carbon footprint and support emerging quality accreditations (ISO) for the overseas client.
- Provide advice on COSHH on particular chemicals.
- Interpret legislative requirements and generate strategy objectives/actions that ensure compliance but also reflect Cefas business operations/values.
- Communicate HSEQ Strategy with all levels of Cefas staff in Kuwait and marine staff within a Government client and motivate to enable continuous improvement.
- Produce reports and statistics as necessary.
The ability to relocate to Kuwait from February 2018 and work flexibly is essential.
Academic qualifications required for this post is a NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent, with the NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health also considered.
In addition, you will need the following skills and experience:
- Technically proficient in all areas of HSEQ Management.
- Experience of working in ISO certification environments is essential.
- Experience of laboratory risks and/or experience of marine risk is essential.
- Competent user of MS Office package; proficient in MSWord and MSExcel.
- Effective communication skills and an ability to work with different cultures essential.
- Good time and task management ability.
- Experience in business related and/or management systems coordination roles desirable.
For full details and to apply online please go to Civil Service Jobs
Closing date for applications is 23 October 2017